Translate

Thursday 20 February 2020

Federer to miss French Open after knee surgery

Federer to miss French Open after knee surgery

Swiss Maestro Roger Federer has sent shockwaves through the tennis world by announcing that he will miss the French Open due to knee surgery.

Federer, who was eliminated in the semi-final of the Australian Open at the hands of Novak Djokovic, revealed that he requires arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.

"My right knee has been bothering me for a little while," he said in a statement.

"I hoped it would go away, but after an examination, and discussion with my team, I decided to have arthroscopic surgery in Switzerland yesterday.

"After the procedure, the doctors confirmed that it was the right thing to have done and are very confident of a full recovery."

In the statement, Federer revealed that he will miss a number of tournaments, including the French Open.

"As a result, I will unfortunately have to miss Dubai, Indian Wells, Bogota, Miami and the French Open," he said.

"I am grateful for everyone's support. I can't wait to be back playing again soon, see you on the grass!"

MORE TO COME



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment